Tue, 07/26/2011 - 19:11 — peter
I upgraded to OSX Lion with the now free again Xcode 4.1 and no longer can compile Blender from SVN... again!
To get your SVN Blender-fu back you will need to do 2 somewhat simple things:
- Change your user-config.py file.
- Add Lion to the MAC_CUR_VER list (last 2 lines below):
- Keep the x86_64 architecture - hopefully you did this already, if not, change your MACOSX_ARCHITECTURE line to the following:
if MACOSX_ARCHITECTURE == 'x86_64' or MACOSX_ARCHITECTURE == 'ppc64':
USE_QTKIT=True # Carbon quicktime is not available for 64bit
- Finally, change or comment out+add lines on the SDK location variable to the following.
# MAC_MIN_VERS = '10.5'
# MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET = '10.5'
# LCGDIR = '#../lib/darwin-9.x.universal'
# CC = 'gcc-4.2'
# CXX = 'g++-4.2'
MAC_MIN_VERS = '10.7'
MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET = '10.7'
LCGDIR = '#../lib/darwin-9.x.universal'
CC = 'gcc-4.2'
CXX = 'g++-4.2'
- Now, if you try to compile with python2.7 scons/scons.py -j8,you will get an error similar to the following:
Compiling ==> 'buildinfo.c'
Install file: "release/text/copyright.txt" as "/Users/peter/workspace/blender-build/install/darwin/copyright.txt"
Install file: "release/text/GPL-license.txt" as "/Users/peter/workspace/blender-build/install/darwin/GPL-license.txt"
Install file: "release/text/Python-license.txt" as "/Users/peter/workspace/blender-build/install/darwin/Python-license.txt"
Install file: "release/text/readme.html" as "/Users/peter/workspace/blender-build/install/darwin/readme.html"
Linking program ==> 'blender'
ld: library not found for -lSystemStubs
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
scons: *** [/Users/peter/workspace/blender-build/build/darwin/bin/blender] Error 1
scons: building terminated because of errors.
To fix that, run the following command (which assumes you have xcode installed on the usual place, /Developer
for i in `find /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.6.sdk -iname libsystemstubs*`; do sudo ln -s $i /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.7.sdk/usr/lib/; done
Voila! You can now continue to compile Blender under OSX Lion!