Oct 17

fix (workaround) the thousands of log entries that logitech solar service creates on osx

Wed, 10/17/2012 - 07:14 — peter

It turns out that you can "instruct" syslogd so that it ignores all messages from Solar Service instead of writing them to /var/log/asl. Here's how:

1. Add the following two lines in /private/etc/asl.conf:

# Ignore messages from Logitech's Solar Service.app
? [CS= Sender Solar] ignore

2. Reboot

OR simply restart syslogd by running:

sudo launchctl unload /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.syslogd.plist
sudo launchctl load /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.syslogd.plist

Sources where I found all this information:

Source

Comments

sheena101 says:

Good day! This is excellent and great. Such an informative one, lots of valuable information and well detailed. Thanks for posting this. Keep it up. Looking forward for more.

buy instagram followers

harsona says:

Your blog is very much innovative and much helpful for any industry as well as for person.Keep up the good work andplease tell me when can you publish more articles or where can I read more on the subject? Fifa 15 Coins

annajames414 says:

The pill can perform a miracle on your sex life and will help eliminate those dysfunctional problems that you tend to experience while making love to your loved one. blog sparxxrx

Cavalcanti says:

Your Photo voltaic System consists of the sun's rays plus the physical objects that orbit this, whether they orbit this specifically or by orbiting various other physical objects that orbit this specifically. Of these physical objects that orbit the sun's rays specifically, the greatest eight include the exoplanets.translate website

annajames414 says:

Data from Instagram's press page shows that there are 1,000 comments and 8,500 likes every second and its 100 million monthly users are posting 40 million new pictures every day. where to buy instagram followers and likes

annajames414 says:

More and more major online players have demonstrated how effective cloud storage can be, most notably Google Docs and Amazon S3 services. Since then, cloud storage has gained a lot more attention. Lexington KY cloud

charlesiiamjean228 says:

First of all Good day! I would just like to give thanks to the admin who posted this one I really appreciate it thank you.
Yeah right I totally agree with you! Yes it is true there are lots of problems you can encounter with Solar Service because I think it is still a beta application. Honestly I dont want to use mac as an OS of this one I prefer Windows. Keep up the good work and Godbless!
Be with us to, attract instagram followers

Kimi says:

Certaines montres Movado sont de conception entièrement en noir, tout en argent, ou en utilisant une rencontre noir ainsi qu'une bague en argent. Il ya des replique montre Movado qui ont une ligne totale de visage avec les minutes marquées et ils montrent la date. Certaines montres Movado ont éclairant mains pour s'assurer qu'ils peuvent être plus facile de voir la nuit.

robin says:

Extremely details specifically the last part I care for such information and facts much. I was searching for this certain details for some time
microlam Roasted korma
Guar korma
Organic animal feed

Lindsey19 says:

thanks for all the information .. it can help us in many ways.. and yeah its true.. you can really encounter many problems.. thanks for sharing.. villas for rent thailand

aadi says:

These are really a superb showcases here I am glad to have a review of it and feel to roll on its steps for my benefit always
Apple product dealers in Kolkata
Mobile News Gathering Solutions
Mobile broadcasting in india

Coleman0z says:

You may have money but if you don't have proper education, its not enough for better life and bright future. The development in sciences are growing fast because of more research work is been done. Many students may need essay service to meet the deadline on time. Go a head use the facility and score high. cv help